So much to draw, so little time.
If you are beside yourself as to what to draw – for you know you SHOULD be drawing something! Here are some suggestions. A student today saw a drawing I had jotted out on a to-do list and asked, “What’s that for?” I replied, “I did it because I had to.”
• your better angels.
• hope as best as you know it.
• the home where your heart is.
• flowers, like you mean it (and without being sarcastic).
• something that would make your mother proud.
• the conversation you wanted to have but didn’t.
• a fairy tale character that you can relate to.
• your favorite cereal (the box doesn’t count).
• things better left unsaid.
• time, and time again.
• a lammergeyer or hoopoe.
• light coming through a window.
• peace in a place of dissent.
• everything within a five foot proximity to you.
• your grandfather’s ideal.
• what’s biting at your heels.
• that sinking feeling.
• what you remember best.
• Fisher Price toys.
• an optimistic remark.
• the remains of the day.